B.Tech Eligibility Criteria
You are here : ADMISSION » B.Tech Eligibility Criteria

B.Tech Eligibility Criteria

B.Tech Eligibility Criteria(B.Tech 1st Year)

Admission to B.Tech, 1st Year is based on the inter-se merit of JEE 2015 conducted by CBSE along with the following minimum eligibility criteria:-

At the time of admission, the candidate intending to take admission in ay othe the B.Tech degree course should have passed in at least 5 subjects form any of the recognized boards or university, 10+2 examination with Physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects:

  1. Chemistry                 
  2. Bio-Technology            
  3. Biology

The candidate should have obtained 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved  category) in the above subjects taken together.

All seats are to be filled as per the norms of the State Government and on the basis of merit in JEE 2014. Al l the seats are to be filled under one category of fees as decided by the state Government/State Fee & Admission Committee.  Out of total seats, 75% are to be filled through On-Line Off-Campus counseling conducted by Haryana State Counseling Society through NIC Haryana. The remaining 25% seats are known as management seats  and will be filled up based on first inter-se merit of JEE-2014 after receiving the applications form eligible candidates by giving advertisement in two leading newspapers. After exhausting the list of candidates with JEE 2015, inter-se merit of the total score of the subjects stated in eligibility criteria of 10+2 examination will be used to fill the management seats. On completion of the counseling process. The lapsed seats will also be filled by the  management  on the basis on inter-se merit in JEE 2015/10+2 examination as motioned earlier on day –to-day basis.

Eligibility Criteria (B.Tech. 2nd Year)

The basis of admission to B. Tech, 2nd year is Inter-se merit of online entrance test (OLET LEET {Engg.-15} conducted by HSCS along with at least one of the following three criteria.

  1. A candidate must have passed the three years Diploma in Engineering of State Board of Technical Education from an AICTE approved institution with atleast 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the appropriate branch of engineering/technology in aggregate of all semesters.
  2. A candidate must have passed the three year B.Sc. Degree from a recognized university with at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% marks in case of reserved category) and should have passed XII standard with mathematics as a subject. The students from B. Sc. Stream shall be considered only after filling the supernumerary seats in this category with students belonging to the diploma stream.

Note: The  affiliating University may prescribe compensatory course and other relevant courses at the second year level to make up deficiencies. The State Govt. may change this eligibility criteria for admission. In that case, revised criteria as notified by the State Govt. will be applicable.